6.21.2008

Clarity

Oh to see the world with healthy eyes! The clouds are billowing pinkly upward, creating a whimsical city of sugar-laced skyscrapers. The brown pelicans, no longer nightmarish hunchbacks, appear to be silly old men--the kind that might wink as you walk by. Sunlight flashes off the sea's surface. "Wake-up, wake-up, wake-up..." the waves whisper.

I just spent the last week sick in bed, and just when I had almost completely forgotten what it felt like to be a functional human being, a pivotal battle was won in the war ravaging my immune system. Just to stretch out my toes and jump down from my top bunk with a clear head is beautiful.

Tomorrow I will deal with the fact that I am effectively three weeks behind in my research. Tomorrow I will consider for what else, beyond the creation of Easy Mac, I can use the laboratory I have been assigned to. Tomorrow I will see if these “scientist” shoes are going to leave blisters.

For now I’m going to curl up in my bed with my journal, and think about how much I love words like “confluence,” “delta,” and “estuary.”

No comments:

Post a Comment