4.23.2009

Some Things

1) This morning, I woke up to a thunderstorm, although rain was oddly absent. Tinged yellow, the sky flashed and sputtered as I fell/descended from my top bunk to read about the effects of estradiol in California Mice.

2) On Tuesday I accidentally showed up to black tie event wearing bright orange shorts and Crocs. I was seated between the Dean of Students and a trustee of the college. It was awkward, in ways that I can't fully express.

3) I got a new computer to replace Pooter, and I've been struggling to come up with a name for this foreign piece of equipment. Today, in a stroke of brilliance, I christened her "Pippin."

4) I'm currently enrolled in PHIL 274: Existentialism. This is crazy shit. I very infrequently follow class discussions, mostly because I think that most existential writers were writing about how we shouldn't write, which is RIDICULOUS. So instead of talking about infinite regress and the structure of "I," I like to pretend that I'm dancing. (As a side-note, I have diagnosed Nietzsche with too many consonants.)

5) They were testing all the tornado sirens today, in honor of "Severe Weather Awareness Week." The eerie howling oscillated with the gusts of wind... What would happen if a tornado actually struck this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment