7.27.2008

Highlights from the Middle East

Another idle Sunday in Port Aransas... No better time to organize the hundreds of photos I took while I was studying in Egypt, Turkey, and Morocco last winter! Below I have compiled a smattering of images that, to my inexpert photographic eye, seem to capture that whirlwind of an experience:

EGYPT

The streets of Cairo

Bussing away from the pyramids at sunset...

An ancient mosque in Cairo

Hot-air ballooning over the Nile and the Valley of the Kings at sunrise.

From the summit of the Sakkara pyramid. We were sneaky.

TURKEY

The Blue Mosque, Istanbul
Cruisn' the Bosphorus, one of my favorite places on earth.

Turkish DELIGHT

A ferry ride somewhere on the Aegean Sea

One of many prayers pinned to a wall next to a stone house where the Virgin Mary is said to have lived.

MOROCCO

My roommate and I, inspired by the lack of shower in our host home, shaved our heads with this result. (See my post "The Awkward Phase" to see how the re-growth process is shaping up.)

A village in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains.

Camel trekking in the desert. There was rain. What?

My host home in the Rabat Medina.

A man on the beach in Casablanca.

1 comment: