3.09.2009

Uprising

Tomorrow is the 50th anniversary of the famous 1959 Tibetan Uprising. The Chinese government is afraid--they're sending troops to the plateau.

Today I learned that I received a $4000 grant to go to rural Tibet to teach English in an orphanage this upcoming summer. I am in awe of my blessings, and am nervous to carry the weight of this responsibility.

I don't pretend to understand the symmetry of the universe, but it's there, and it shakes me sometimes.

And, on top of everything, I'm in the throes of finals... 7 page paper, 12 page paper, lab report, philosophy exam, neuroscience exam... I know somewhere deep inside of me that I can finish these things, but it means shutting myself up in the bowels of the library for hours on end, listening to Rhythms for Learning, making note cards, and wondering why I don't leave school and start a hot air ballooning business.

Weather.com is predicting a "wintry mix" for Northfield. I hope that means snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment