8.27.2009

Breakneck Transitions

Well, it happened. I spent the summer walking the plateau of Tibet, and now, as August in the Pacific Northwest flaunts its evergreen warmth, the profound beauty of that Himalayan country lingers in between my toes. Metaphorically. Maybe literally too--my toe scrubbing hasn't been extensive since I got back.

And this Tuesday I'm leaving for India. I will spend 14 weeks there studying Buddhism and Tibetan (http://aea.antioch.edu/india/). I will contemplate the Bodhi tree and struggle to meditate. I will meet interesting people, hold my arms up to the monsoons, and hopefully remember to brush my teeth. I will keep track of the moon, wonder about happiness, and learn, learn, learn.

I'm reeling. My time at home evaporated before I had the chance to exhale, and I haven't even started the summer assignments for my study abroad program. However, I am excited. Change is my element.

So come on future! Happen, I dare you! Life may be a bit crazy, but I'm loving every second of it.

...and stay tuned as the days progress. I'm planning on writing on this blog with some regularity while I'm in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment