4.06.2010

In Praise of Rain

It's raining.
Out the window, I can see the drops splashing into puddles in the concrete. The green is greener, and, outside, it smells like everything my heart is missing.

I sit here in the library with my thesis to edit and the sinking realization that electricity involves calculus, but somehow the rain makes it ok, at least right now. Yesterday I reveled on a particularly alluvial balcony. Today, with each little splash, something inside me sighs a quiet thank-you.

thankyou
thankyou
thankyou
thankyou
.
.
.

Of course the breeze ruffling the rain-slick oak leaves is so much better at expressing my current mood than these damn words. And of course the last tidbits of my college life (i.e. NOW) are all map-less, unbounded and terrifying.

Terrifying, but also very free.
Falling.

I love the rain.

2 comments:

  1. I too was inexpressibly happy when it rained yesterday. I even sent an e-mail out of the blue, to Kristin, to such an effect. It's comforting to see that I wasn't the only one feeling this way.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete