11.12.2009

Shiva Laughs

Everything into a bag again! I took the paintings and poems off my wall and swept the dust bunnies under my bed into the garden. After my Anthropology presentation tomorrow I am DONE with class, and on Sunday I fly to the former land of Ceylon and the current land of cinnamon and tea trees and elephants and beaches.

Shiva's laughing, I'm sure of it. As this Hindu god juggles the words "destroyer," "creator," and "transformer" in his many arms, he's using some extra appendages to yank the comfy carpet of monastic life from beneath my feet. Although I'm sad that this section of my life is coming to a close, I get a whole week at the Burmese monastery when I get back in December, and the adventurer in me can barely contain her excitement.

I have no idea what to expect of Sri Lanka, but I hope that I commune with big things like elephants and oceans, have wonderful conversations, and snorkel in the name of Love. Also, I pray to Lord Buddha that there are avocados.

No comments:

Post a Comment