10.23.2008

Elucidation?

For part of my final project for PSYC 263: Sleep and Dreaming, I am going to teach myself to lucid dream. Or at least try. Thus far I have dreamed extensively about writing about my dreams in my dream journal (only to wake up and write about writing about my dream in my dream journal in my dream journal... so meta). I feel as though this is progress.

Why are you doing this, you ask? Well, first of all, it's hilarious to wake up in the morning and read dream-notes that I scribbled in semi-waking states throughout the night. (Last night: "Dining Hall... all the red food. Why was the kale red???") Secondarily, I'm finding that the simple exercise of remembering my dreams may be of practical use. You know that feeling when you have a really good thought, and then it escapes? I've found that chasing down such thoughts feels exactly the same as the struggle to remember my dreams.

But mostly it's just hilarious. You should try it too!

Some sources claim that those who have mastered the art of lucid dreaming can meet and interact in the "dream world." Let's meet there, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment