10.26.2008

Still Beautiful

I've been at Carleton for a while now, and I've endured some shitty weather in my day. Winter in Minnesota is a face-stinging-nose-hair-freezing blank gray expanse of frigid cold. With my tendency toward Seasonal Affective Disorder, you might expect that, after two years in the Midwest, I've become just as bitter as those long winter nights.

Today, however, the first snow of the season blew in sideways with a gravity-defying gale, and I LOVED IT. Snowflakes paired up with falling leaves and danced a crazy drunken tango, in no apparent hurry to make contact with the earth. This windy snow-world is fresh and alive and somehow on the brink of the best kind of insanity.

I went to frisbee practice (pictured below) and froze my fingers. My socks got wet on the way from my dorm to the library. But I don't care because it's beautiful. Always.




No comments:

Post a Comment