9.03.2009

From the British Aisles

The orientation for my study abroad program takes place in London, and thus I find myself surrounded by double-decker buses and exciting accents. I arrived yesterday morning, and, upon landing, I caught a train from the airport to Paddington station. I emerged from the train into a grey persistent rain shower (England certainly knows that it's September now) and then proceeded to get wonderfully lost on the streets of London as I sought my hotel and ate hard-boiled eggs. I felt free.

I'm leaving tomorrow already for New Delhi, and it's almost laughable how little I'll be able to see during my first visit to Western Europe. Mostly I've been in a nondescript classroom at London University talking about life in rural India, working on my summer assignments that I didn't quite manage to finish, or sleeping. I guess I'll just have to come back one day...

I did, however, behold the Rosetta Stone at the London Museum.

Have I mentioned that I'm totally and hopelessly in love with the rain? The coat I haggled for on the streets of Lhasa is admirably impermeable, and I'm seriously considering puddle-walking as a post-graduation occupation.

No comments:

Post a Comment